Gallimimus was a medium-sized dinosaur of the Cretaceous Period. It, as well as other members of its group, the Ornithomimade, were some of the speediest and most bird-like non-avian dinosaurs.
Gallimimus stood a little bit larger than a person, and it might have been the biggest member of its group, however Dienocheirus might have been twice its size. Its appearence was very similar to an ostrich's. It had a long, narrow neck, even longer and narrower legs, a lightweight body, medium length arms, and a long tail. On the end of each of its skinny arms were three, long claws. These claws were not curved, nor were they very sharp. This ment they were not for killing prey items. On the other hand, they may have been good for defensive purposes. Its head was rather long and came to a rounded point at the end. Gallimimus's jaw was toothless, much like modern birds.
Gallimimus Stats Edit
- Name Means: Fowl Mimic
- Pronounciation: gal-uh-MY-mus
- Average Length: 13 feet (4 meters)
- Maximum Length: 16 feet (5 meters)
- Average Height: 7 feet (2 meters)
- Maximum Height: 10 feet (3 meters)
- Average Weight: 240 pounds
- Maximum Weight: 280 pounds
- When: 80 to 73 million years ago
- Where: Mongolia
- Diet: Poorly known, possibly eggs, plants, and small animals